In this conversation, we will cover:
- What to do at the onset of your organizational DEI journey
- The importance of buy-in by senior leadership
- Aligning your organization’s mission, vision, and values with your DEI initiatives
- Designing measures that can track and demonstrate progress
- Understanding your company culture and accepting that human bias exists
Isaac E. Dixon, PhD. SPHR has been an HR professional for over 30 years. He has worked for companies such as NIKE, GE Capital, Providence Health and Services as well as the Oregon Military Department and the Oregon Department of Transportation. This year, Isaac will be embarking on a new venture, with the launch of Vista HR Consulting.
Isaac also worked in higher education HR at Lewis & Clark College and Portland State University. He served as the Associate Vice President for HR at both institutions. He received his BS degree at Warner Pacific College, his MA at Marylhurst University and his doctorate at Capella University. Isaac serves on the board of Central City Concern as the board’s chair. Professionally, he served on the College and University Professionals HR (CUPAHR) Board of Directors as well as the SHRM Board of Directors. He lives in Portland with his wife Lauri.