The name “Talent Acquisition” doesn’t fully address the diverse skill sets and personalities that can make up a successful recruitment professional. Not every “Recruiter” job has the same responsibilities or skill set requirements, which is beautiful.
In this virtual workshop, our Director of Operations and Talent, Kristen McConnell, is joined by special guests Jessica Khawaja and Laura Sorg to teach you how your unique skill set can fit into the incredible puzzle of Talent Acquisition and the impact it can make on an organization. They also cover the following
- What exactly does Talent Acquisition mean, and is it different than Recruiting?
- What are the career path options for emerging Talent Acquisition professionals?
- What are the critical skills needed to be successful in Talent Acquisition?
- And More!
Learn to identify which type of role is for you, whether you love data, people, framework, strategy, diversity, program management, sourcing, reporting, and more.
About the Speakers:
Kristen McConnell, Director, Talent Acquisition & Operations – Mulberry Talent Partners
- Kristen is the Director of Operations and Talent at Mulberry Talent Partners. She is an industry leader in staffing and recruitment, with over 25 years of experience. During her career, she has proactively engaged and formed networking opportunities with industry colleagues, firmly believing together, we can do more to support the hiring needs of our clients and our job seekers in their quest to develop their careers. In addition, she has served in volunteer leadership roles with our local and national staffing associations.
Jessica Khawaja, GPHR, Senior Director, Talent Management – PerfectServe
- Jessica Khawaja, GPHR, has worked in HR and talent for 15 years. Although she has worked in many industries, she has a passion for technical organizations with her last three roles in that space. Jessica recently joined a cloud-based software company, PerfectServe, as the Senior Director of Talent Management. She is responsible for the programs that touch almost every piece of the employee lifecycle – Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement, Performance, Learning & Development, and Offboarding.
Laura Sorg, Talent Acquisition Manager – Oregon Tool
- Laura has been a talent acquisition professional in the Portland, Oregon, area for the last decade. She started her recruitment career in the staffing agency world before she moved into a corporate recruiting role and has had the opportunity to work over the last half of her career within the consumer goods/outdoor products industry. Laura is currently the Talent Acquisition Program Manager at Oregon Tool, where she has had the opportunity to help build an in-house talent acquisition team.