Industry: Food Manufacturing
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Tualatin, OR to identify an HR Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, 100% onsite position. In this role you will establish and lead all human resources activities including compensation and benefits administration, recruiting, training and development, policy and procedure design and implementation, state and federal employment law compliance, employee relations, and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws pertaining to HR matters
- Clearly and effectively communicate programs and policies to all employees.
- Administer employee benefit program including plan design, negotiating contracts, building relationships with providers and brokers, administration. Evaluate program effectiveness and implement cost-containment measures where appropriate. Assist employees in resolving issues related to benefit plans.
- Handle employee relations issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Facilitate exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding employee information. Follow best practices for handling of employee records, ensuring security of all employee files.
- In conjunction with the management team, establish, prepare, implement, revise and maintain policies and procedures and review policies annually.
- Update the Employee Handbook, as needed. Review at least annually.
- Maintain job descriptions and create or revise, as necessary.
- Conduct compensation benchmarking to ensure competitive salary ranges. Participate in salary surveys, as appropriate.
- Oversee all recruiting activities including advertising, reviewing applicants, conducting interviews, and reference checking in collaboration with supervisors. May assist departments with development of annual staffing plans.
- Build and conduct new employee orientation and policy training, and recommend professional development or other courses, as needed.
- Assist with the annual review process, including preparation and administration.
- Develop and maintain the human resources information system to meet company information needs.
- Work closely with management and staff to ensure adherence to company policy and procedures and to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matters. Provide training, as appropriate.
- Manage Safety Compliance Coordinator and Safety function.
- Administer and manage the workers’ compensation program. Represent the company in litigation.
- Manage responses to the unemployment division and represent the company in litigation.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Organize and recommend strategies to promote cohesiveness between the company and employees, departments and management teams.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field and 5 years of experience in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of Human Resources best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to readily identify needs and requirements, and establish plans and processes to ensure successful results.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization.
- HR professional designation preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, critical thinking and analytical skills, with excellent people skills and a business partner approach.
- Excellent employee relations skills.
- Creative thinking skills with ability to “think outside the box” and consider solutions outside of traditional HR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable presenting detailed information in person or to larger groups.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates positive working relationships with customers, visitors, co-workers, and management.