Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with Skinner Law, an Estate Planning & Tax Law firm in the Westside of Portland, to identify a Trust & Estate Attorney. This a newly created role for a thriving and growing firm. Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent medical insurance.
The position requires a minimum of 5 years of estate and trust administration legal experience in Oregon, excellent organizational abilities, communication skills, attention to detail, and a desire and ability to take ownership over work assignments and work product in a fast-paced and busy work environment. Candidates must be an Oregon Bar member, possess exceptional credentials, and have a solid reputation in the legal community.
- Knowledge of all aspects of estate and trust administration, including preparing and filing all probate court/estate administration documents.
- Ability to manage a matter from start to finish, independently and as part of the team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Position requires substantial client contact as well as contact with other professionals and court staff.
- Collect, evaluate, maintain and monitor estate and trust assets, income, and expenses.
- Facilitate asset transfers and distributions.
- Prepare annual and final accountings along with all supporting documents.
- Compile tax information and prepare estate tax returns and gift tax returns.
- Experience in drafting simple wills and other estate planning documents is a plus.
- Experience in Washington estate and trust administration is a plus.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Tax preparation software