Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in Tigard to identify a Regional Human Resources Manager. In this role you will execute all human resource functions for both Oregon and Washington. The ideal candidate will be well versed in creating and nurturing HR business partner relationships within an organization, employee relations, and high-volume recruitment. Bilingual abilities in Spanish are a plus, but are not necessary to apply.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws. Works with corporate Human Resources to develop strategic initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Responds to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts necessary investigations on employee relations issues and advises management on appropriate resolution.
- Monitors employee counseling, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans; oversees involuntary termination procedures; and approves employee separation notices and related documentation. May conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Advises management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety issues.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the human resources department budget(s).
- Identifies possible pay issues and reviews local market rates.
- Represents organization in legal proceedings, unemployment hearings and workers’ compensation settlements, as needed.
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends. Works with management to develop and implement retention strategies.
- Identifies training opportunities and works with Holding level Human Resources to ensure needed training is provided.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises HR staff. Conducts performance reviews and disciplinary discussions. Makes decisions regarding terminations.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years Human Resources management experience, showing a clear progression to include the full complement of HR Generalist responsibilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus