Mulberry Talent Partners has partnered with New Seasons Market to find an experienced Recruiter. In this temp-to-hire role, you will be responsible for maintaining a robust and pro-active recruiting process, in order to source and hire the most qualified candidates. You will identify trends and areas for focused recruiting and will partner with the Recruiting Manager to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies. New Seasons Market has a strong company culture and is very connected to the local community. This position is located at the New Seasons Corporate Office in SE Portland.
The ideal candidate will be a Recruiter who is still early in their career and seeking an opportunity for growth in an internal recruiting role. Ideally, candidates will have a mix of agency and internal recruiting experience. Our client is looking for someone who has great instincts with people, strong and positive communication, and a dedication to providing a high level of customer service and high touch interaction with employees.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Understands and models company culture. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
- Partners with Recruiting Manager to maintain a robust and pro-active recruiting process, in order to source and hire the most qualified candidates for New Seasons Market in a reasonable time frame.
- Identifies trends and areas for focused recruiting and contributes to the development and implementation of effective recruiting strategies.
- Sources and screens candidates for store and department leadership positions. Consults with operations leadership team and hiring managers on recruitment needs and strategy.
- Supports HR Assistant Managers with recruiting efforts at store level.
- Recruits for Store Support positions as assigned.
- Assists Recruiting Manager with planning and coordination of hiring processes for new stores.
- Engages and maintains strategic partnerships with community partners and organizations in order to source candidates. Participates in external recruitment events such as job fairs, employer presentations, etc.
- Facilitates trainings related to staffing and interviewing.
- Works with Recruiting Manager and HR Assistant Managers to encourage diversity. Ensures fair hiring practices and encourages diversity of workforce through sourcing and influencing.
- Supports the Recruiting Manager on special projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of HR experience required, with at least 1 year of significant recruiting and selection responsibility. Experience in a multi-unit, high-growth retail environment preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with behavior based interviewing required.
- Knowledge of social media, external job board recruiting and sourcing preferred.
- Proficiency and comfort with giving presentations and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience with applicant tracking software required (Taleo a plus).
- Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills, with an eye for process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, with skills to build strong relationships, solicit and incorporate input.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company, external partners and jobseekers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Skills to work with a high degree of accuracy and meet timelines with high quality results.
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, with ability to travel to store locations and other sites throughout Portland metro area. Travel to Northern California or Seattle regions may be required.