Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in SW Portland to identify an experienced Payroll Specialist for their team. The Payroll Specialist will process semi-monthly payroll for 800 employees using Paylocity for salaried, hourly and commissioned employees.
- Audit employee time and labor data submitted by various offices and interact with supervisors as required to verify data and resolve discrepancies
- Process payroll through Paylocity in a multi-state corporate environment
- Establish and ensure accuracy of federal, state, and local taxes, social security contributions, employee benefit contributions, fringe benefits, garnishments and other deductions of employee paychecks
- Assist with balancing of payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Analyze and respond to inquiries from employees regarding paycheck amounts, deductions, leave accruals, direct deposit, and other concerns
- Processes garnishments and communicate garnishment information to all parties
- Research and gather required documents to set up required tax accounts in new states where companies operate. Research payroll tax payments and data discrepancies with federal, state and local agencies, and work with tax agencies as well as internal staff for resolution
- Work with Paylocity to ensure that the company is in compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, establishing state tax, unemployment tax and local city/territory accounts as necessary. Responsible for monitoring and completing tax filings as necessary.
- Pull various payroll reports from Paylocity (both canned and custom reports)
- Perform Verifications Of Employment
- At least 3+ years payroll processing experience in large, multi-state environment
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree, or additional minimal experience
- Must have experience with multi-state payroll, garnishments, and automated timesheets
- Experience with payroll tax issues
- Proven ability to complete work accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong and proven customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
Our client provides an outstanding total compensation package, including eligible employee medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) plans.