Mulberry Talent Partners is seeking a Leave of Absence Case Manager for a 6-month contract with our client in Tualatin. The position pays between $35.00 to $40.00 per hour. Candidates should have experience in the following areas: short- and long-term disability, workers’ comp, ADA, and LOA.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Administer and manage leave and accommodation programs, including updating and improving the leave coordination process.
- Coordinate and administer all leaves of absence and accommodations, to include but not limited to FMLA, Non-FMLA, ADA, state leaves/accommodations, military leave, workers compensation etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for company leaves of absence and manage all leave inquiries, educating team members and managers on the leave process and related policies.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Coordinate return to work and accommodation requests.
- Intake leave requests, send required notices, forms and letters, and determine leave eligibility.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate leave files.
- Ensure proper time keeping for team members out on a leave of absence, as well as proper payment while on leave.
- Remain current on all health and benefit policies, programs, and practices including government regulations and company policies and practices.
- Process and maintain benefit plan transactions and records, including enrollment documentation and dependent changes.
- Assist with the open enrollment process for company benefit programs.
- Answer questions regarding benefit eligibility, amounts of coverage and claims procedures for team members and managers.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an HR/Benefits related position with a focus on Leaves and accommodation administration (of both continuous and intermittent leaves/accommodations) in a high volume, multi-state environment.
- Candidates with industry experience in health, manufacturing, or insurance are highly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state leave related regulations including FMLA, ADAAA (including the interactive process) and HIPAA, with a focus on OR, WA and CA regulations
- In-depth understanding of Company benefits programs
- General knowledge of benefits compliance, including HIPAA, COBRA and ACA
- Experience working with HRIS systems