Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in Salem to identify a Human Resources (HR) Specialist for their Salem facility. In this role, you will serve as the primary HR contact on-site and will report to HR leadership in Albany. This role will focus on HR communications, performance and leave management, employee relations, and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Prepares, coordinates, distributes and posts various communications; including HR updates, talent development program logistics and business-wide meeting schedules
- Creates and maintains a safe, receptive forum for employees to seek advice on policies and practices, and offers recommendations for improving working conditions. Assists with policy and procedure creation and modification
- Consults managers with conflict resolution relating to hourly employee performance concerns.
- Conducts investigations and initiates documentation when necessary.
- Manages employee exit interview process
- Supports a zero-injury culture through continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of employee personnel information into HRIS, while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates with HR and Payroll to ensure correct and timely entry of all data; runs and reviews various audit reports for accuracy
- Provides support to managers and supervisors regarding hourly employee performance. Monitors hourly employee performance reviews and merit increases to ensure timely completion
- Supports the administration of Leave of Absence and Return to Work Programs; including Worker’s Compensation Employer-At-Injury (EAIP) and Preferred Worker Programs
- Manages personnel and medical files and the organization of departmental shared drives
- Proactively reviews and recommends improvements to current processes and projects
- Employs continuous improvement practices for increased productivity, decreased rework and to eliminate manual efforts
- At least 3 years of professional Human Resources experience in the areas of HRIS, employee relations, performance management and leave administration is required
- Degree in Human Resources or related program is preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP Certification is a plus
- At least 1 year of work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Ability to Work independently and confidently in an individual support role
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint