Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client to identify a Human Resources Director for their headquarters in Oregon. In this new position, you will partner with the Vice President of Human Resources in developing, communicating, and implementing organizational policies, strategies, and programs that support and complement the present and future business needs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, professionalism, and high quality work product.
Our client is located in Salem, Oregon, which is 45 minutes south of Portland. They are conveniently located near I-5 and are one of the first Salem exits, if coming from Portland. In addition to a robust salary, bonus, and benefits package, our client offers a supportive and convivial work environment where jeans are encouraged Monday – Friday.
Responsibilities at a glance:
• Responsible for HR staff of 7 direct reports (Five Plant HR Managers and two Corporate HR staff)
• Oversee/enhance talent acquisition and development strategies, including succession planning, career development, and employee retention.
• Lead affirmative action efforts and oversee AAPs.
• Coordinate and manage benefit plans; annual benefits open enrollment and issue resolution.
• Oversee administration of unemployment claims.
• Oversee administration of WOTC program.
• Serve as technical resource for Plant HR Managers.
• Coordinate and manage compensation plans; prepare and implement annual salary plans, develop and align compensation plans to drive desired employee and business performance.
• Oversee performance management program.
• Provide coaching and consultation to managers on a variety of HR matters.
• Help create and drive a high performance culture; challenging and motivating managers to ensure accountability and recognition.
• Ensure efficient and accurate policy development, administration and compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field; MBA strongly preferred
• 10+ years of progressively responsible human resources experience, with an emphasis on leadership and supervisory roles
• PHR or SHRM-CP credentials; SPHR and SHRM-SCP preferred
• Experience in both union and non-union environments
• Extensive employee relations experience
• Collaborative, team-building intuition
• Able to work evenings and weekends, as well as travel 10-15% of the time (primarily to locations in Washington and Oregon)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment preferred
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you soon!