Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in the Salem area to identify a full time Human Resources Assistant. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ Human Resource experience, excellent communication, and strong customer service skills. Bilingual Spanish is highly desired.
Our client offers a supportive and friendly work environment where jeans are encouraged. This position pays $16.00-$18.00 per hour, depending on experience, with recently expanded company benefits. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking overtime and growth within an organization.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Administer and process workers compensation claims, safety information, return to work programs and accident/incident investigations
- Process all Medical, Workers Compensation, FMLA, OFLA, and other leaves
- Maintain safety committee records and petty cash receipts
- Provide administrative backup assistance in payroll, reception, and employee benefits
- Provide backup assistance to Human Resources Manager on projects and assignments
- Assist and follow up on employee concerns
- Run various reports to verify and audit data
- Maintain employee files in compliance with policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes and amendments
- Support AAP/EEO programs
- Support Workers Compensation program by compiling reports and providing coordination with the Corporate Office
- Act as first-aid responder, maintain first-aid supplies, and schedule BioHazard pickups.
- Interview and hire plant employees
- Conduct new hire orientation and on-boarding
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- Available for swing shift hours of 2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ human resources experience
- Knowledge of federal and state leave laws and workers compensation
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information in a professional manner