Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with Portland’s top luxury hotel, the Nines, to find an experienced Director of Front Office. The Nines Hotel has been recognized as one of the top workplaces in Oregon, offering a healthy and sustainability focused workplace, with competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax savings accounts for public transportation or parking. The position offers a competitive salary and strong bonus potential.
In this role you will plan and manage the room and related area’s operations of the hotel to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service. As the Director of Front Office, you will manage a team of 30 team members from departments including valet, switchboard, guest services, and concierge.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Manage the human resources functions in the division in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Manages check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Manages guest departures on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Monitors and regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Manages the standard procedures for cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- 4+ years’ experience in a Director of Front Office or similar position
- Previous experience in hospitality industry required, with luxury hotel experience highly preferred
- Lightspeed or Marriott Starwood experience required
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing a diverse workforce
- Exceptional communication skills
- A heart for service and dedication to providing an excellent customer experience
- Gracious, attentive, and tactful in dealing with all individuals