Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in Albany to identify an Accounting Clerk for their Accounting Department. Our client is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Their products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
The Accounting Clerk provides support to the organization in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll in accordance with company standards.
Responsibilities at a glance:
- Validate vendor charges and prepare related vouchers and adjustments
- Process vendor invoices on a timely basis to maximize payment discounts
- Coordinate A/P information with vendors and other departments
- Assist with payroll processing, running proof reports, printing checks, posting and closing each payroll, and transmitting data when necessary
- Calculate retro pay, vacation pay, garnishments, etc.
- Reconcile payroll data entered into cost collection system with P/R system
- Enter and maintain computerized data
- Provide assistance related to month-end closing activities
- Participate in and support continuous improvement activities
- Cross train to support other clerical jobs/functions such as Treasury and/or Accounts Receivable as necessary
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of operating procedures, policies and standards
- Support audit requests and special assignments
- Two-year accounting degree preferred
- Accounts Payable and Payroll experience required
- Knowledge of financial software and general office procedures including experience in MS Office required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional commitment to customer service
- Ability to perform basic math computations, show strong attention to detail and work with superior accuracy