Industry: Legal Services
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in Portland, OR to identify a Senior HR Leader to join their team. This is a hybrid, full-time, direct hire role. With the CEO and other Chiefs, the Senior HR Leader provides leadership and support to company operations, including supporting the firm’s strategic initiatives and committees and engaging in tactics to ensure employee well-being, engagement, and retention.
As the Senior HR Leader, you develop effective execution and communication plans around people and culture initiatives. You will provide collaborative leadership, facilitation, and implementation of key initiatives to advance the firm’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategies.
- Benefits — leads the firm’s benefits strategy including proposing, implementing, and maintaining competitive, cost-effective, and compliant benefit programs that support the firm’s short- and long-term strategic objectives.
- Payroll — oversees the payroll process to ensure accurate and timely multi-state payroll processing for all employees.
- Legal Support Services — oversees the firm’s legal support staff and works closely with the Legal Support Manager to ensure optimal performance and adequate staffing levels. The CHRO designs and implements modern legal support models to improve operational efficiencies and works with leadership to build and implement a competitive and cost-effective total reward system for legal support staff; and
- Acts as an ambassador for the firm’s culture and values, making their presence and importance well known throughout the firm.
- Collaborate with firm leaders to ensure we incorporate the firm’s culture in all we do and creates innovative initiatives to embed our culture further.
- Establishes and oversees all HR processes and policies, ensures compensation, benefits, and legislative compliance in employment-related areas, and analyzes employee data to identify significant trends to improve operational efficiencies and engagement.
- Investigates employee grievances and manages the creation and implementation of HR programs for performance across departments.
- Heads the HR team, providing overall leadership and guidance to the function, including staff hiring and onboarding, career development, performance management, employee relations, succession and workforce planning, retention, leadership development, policy development, compensation, and benefits.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive HR leadership and management experience and a proven ability to work collaboratively with senior leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, master’s degree in HR or related field, and preferably has SHPR certification.
- Professional services industry experience and insight generally and legal industry experience and insight specifically; and
- Expert knowledge of HR principles and financial acumen to perform management and leadership responsibilities.
- Ability to consensus with other firm leaders and designs and implements important change initiatives.
- Highly effective communication skills and strong analytical and writing skills.
- Possesses a visionary and strategic approach, uses innovative thinking when solving problems, and has a proactive sense of urgency.
- Collaborates effectively with others to meet firm strategic goals and views issues through organizational and people lenses, and exercises outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence.
- This is a hybrid role with two to three days a week in an office, possibly more, with some travel for conferences and board meetings.
Compensation Rate: $160K – $225K annually with benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.