Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Ridgefield, WA to identify an HR Manager to join their team. This is a direct-hire, full-time, 100% onsite position. Candidates who are collaborative, thirsty for learning, good listeners, and who possess a natural eye for improvements are highly desirable. Position responsibilities are in the following functional areas: Recruiting, Employee relations; HR policy administration; HR core processes; staffing & retention; learning & development; health & safety; and community relations. The ideal candidate must have at least four years of progressive HR experience.
Recruiting, Staffing & Retention
- Coordinates recruiting efforts with location leadership to ensure proper exempt and non-exempt staffing levels within the locations, including development of employment advertisements and/or working with staffing agencies as needed.
- Maintains professional relationship with recruiters and agencies to ensure high level of service and manages contracts.
- Ensures the support of staffing plans that achieve company objectives related to turnover, retention, and promotional placement.
- Conducts new hire orientation training on Human Resources subject matter.
- Conducts Human Resources policy and procedure training with new managers and supervisors.
- Oversees recruiting and selection process by managing recruiting metrics for assigned locations.
- Counsels, develops, and champions policies that supports a positive employer-employee relationship, promotes a high level of employee morale, and provides an environment conducive to employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Advises location leadership teams on employment issues, performance counseling, and progressive discipline system, including managing and resolving employee relation investigations as needed.
- Helps drive employee engagement and safety initiatives and processes which positively impact employee engagements at assigned locations.
- Coordinate’s reward and recognition efforts for both hourly and exempt level staff.
- Continuously monitors employee morale and concerns and recommends or designs programs to positively impact.
- Participates in outside committees/organizations such as Society of Human Resource Management chapters for continued sharing of best practices.
- Provides support of employee relation activities such as employee recognition events when needed.
HR Policy Administration
- Executes company Human Resources policies and strategies at the location level.
- Participates in the development and implementation of company-wide Human Resources policies and practices and ensures consistent application of those policies and practices with company standards.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Facilitates and/or coordinates compliance and regulatory training for all employees such as harassment prevention etc.
- Conducts internal audits of HR policy and procedure application.
HR Core Processes
- Provides oversight and guidance for all HR core processes and procedures to ensure consistency and follow-through, including managing daily transactions.
- Develops, coordinates, and administers local and state wage surveys for manufacturing hourly positions in the manufacturing and general market.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or similar program required.
- Three plus years of progressive Human Resources position, with a substantial portion of it in a manufacturing operation.
- Experience in providing value added HR coaching, guidance, thought leadership, and HR business partnership in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel to Springfield, OR location two times per month to support location.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or SHRM certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices.
- Technically sound in Human Resources fundamentals and best practices and the application of them in manufacturing operations.
- Broad knowledge of safety, training and development, employee relations, performance management, and organizational planning.
- Working knowledge of benefits and compensation programs.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Human Resources Information Systems. ADP Workforce Now experience highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Familiar with industrial operations, preferably in manufacturing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Superior negotiating and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative thinker with a process improvement mindset.
- Ability to travel domestically on occasion.
Compensation: $70,000-$85,000 plus 5% bonus target paid quarterly