Industry: Personal Transportation Retail
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Tigard, OR and Medford, OR to identify a Sales Compensation Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, hybrid position. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8AM-5PM. The ideal candidate will be located in the Portland-Metro area or Medford, OR but the company is willing to consider candidates out of area that have the right experience.
The Sales Compensation Manager is a highly strategic, analytical, process and detail-oriented leader. This role will focus on day-to-day focus of operational implementation and support of sales compensation for the organization. This individual must have the ability to execute tactical objectives, while understanding how to align with overall strategy and corporate goals.
- Partner with business leaders to ensure alignment of comp plan design to business initiatives, operational feasibility, and clear metrics that are measurable and material.
- Work with Performance Management department to develop more comprehensive analytics to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan overall design effectiveness.
- Partner with sales management and operations to define and produce analytics that support the business objectives and strategies. Provide periodic reports and detailed analysis to identify drivers behind trends and areas for improvement.
- Continually evaluate and improve upon our compensation business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamlining, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Focus on improving standardization, automation, and scalability initiatives to generate a high-level of accuracy and efficiency within our go-to-market compensation programs.
- Maintain and evolve a core set of KPIs for sales performance to provide visibility and actionable insights for sales management.
- Lead and manage the development of the compensation team, department training and communication.
- Implement enhancements to processes and procedures related to company growth and objectives, changes in the business environment, store objectives and labor law changes
- Contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales compensation plan designs, policies, and/or resourcing and investment decisions.
- Participate in the development and execution of compensation processes and initiatives.
- Perform compensation plan setup and administer compensation plans in the internal payroll system
- Manage the periodic review of compensation plans and provide recommendations regarding redesign to meet business objectives and reinforce operational strategy.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure best practices and compliance to legal requirements around sales compensation
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
- Ensure all appropriate audits and compliance of processes, forms, and system.
- 5 years’ compensation experience in sales operations and/or coupled with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- HR or leadership experience managing and mentoring multiple direct reports, including across multiple geographic regions and remotely
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions and knows when and how to assert or influence business partners
- Ability to deal with complex issues, understand drivers, and demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and structure has been provided
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop concise, clear, messaging in both verbal and written form to provide the appropriate context behind difficult decisions for the intended audience
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and manage a high workload
- Workday and ServiceNow experienced preferred
- Knowledgeable and experienced in wage & hour compliance for the US and Canada
- Proven ability to make judgment calls and ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and high work standards in support of accurate delivery
- Experience in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- High-level proficiency with MS Office, expert Excel
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, dependable, and organized with a customer service focus
- Experience managing complex, global HR projects and operationalizing HR policies and strategy