Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Hood River, OR to identify an interim HR Director to join their team. This is an onsite, full-time, contract role. The Human Resources Director is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of the Human Resources functions, including but not limited to: employment, recruitment, retention, employee relations, EEO, compensation/benefits, employee professional development, safety compliance, volunteer management, employee leave and organizational development in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, guidelines and polices. The Human Resources Director develops and drives creative HR initiatives, activities and advises company management in Human Resources policy and program matters.
- Overseeing and managing the Human Resource department; planning, organizing, and controlling all activities of the department
- Developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel, participating in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implementing and annually updating compensation programs; conducting annual salary surveys, analyzing compensation, and monitoring performance evaluation program and revising as necessary
- Developing, recommending, and implementing personnel policies and procedures, preparing, and maintaining Employee Handbook
- Performing benefit administration to include annual renewals, employee enrollment, claims resolution, invoice approval, and annual re-evaluation of policies.
- Developing and maintaining affirmative action program: filing EEO-1 annually, maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Developing and implementing strategic recruitment plan; ensuring selection of highly qualified personnel, employee retention plan and employee training/development.
- Establishing and maintaining department records and reports; recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Business Management or related field required
- A minimum of 6 years related HR experience, at least 4 of these years in a management role
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Experience in implementing and administering performance programs, preferably in a company that put strong emphasis on performance metrics.
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast growth environment.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior management team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
Compensation Rate: $50–$60/hr