Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a non-profit housing agency in NW Portland, to identify a Director of Human Resources for a direct hire job opportunity. In this role, you will be a member of the Executive Team and lead a team of HR professionals in supporting the organization’s deeply valued employees.
As the Director of Human Resources, your strategic leadership will guide the following areas: talent acquisition and management, employee and labor relationships, organizational development, and HR initiatives. You will maintain knowledge of industry trends and compliance, partner with other directors, manage payroll, maintain the HRIS system, and assist the senior leadership team. You will ensure accountability, advance equity, and promote constant improvement in the way that they attract, support, develop, and retain the agency’s employees.
The ideal candidate:
- Have a passion for helping others and a desire to work for an organization that serves the homeless and those in poverty
- Have 2+ years HR experience at a senior manager level
- Labor relations experience including but not limited to: collective bargaining, dispute resolution, and grievance processing.
- Experience designing and advancing strategies that promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
- Experience designing and managing staff training and development strategies.
- Graduate degree in related field or SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. You are able to work in a diverse team environment in leadership, peer, and support roles, to communicate professionally at all levels, to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors, and to facilitate collaborative projects.
- Previous nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Advanced technical skills, including experience administering a complex HRIS
Salary range: $85,000-$100,000