Industry: Grocery/Food Retail
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Portland, to identify an HRIS Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, hybrid position. This candidate will be responsible for the development, modification and maintenance of companywide HRIS Systems, including Kronos HR/Payroll and WFC application configurations. Acts as IT liaison for Taleo TBE (recruiting/onboarding), LMS (Learn), timekeeping, HR and payroll within the Kronos system. This is a management position. You are responsible for providing leadership in line with company values and promoting a positive and progressive work environment in alignment with our company mission, vision values and policies.
- Manages and provides oversight to all areas of the HRIS team. Directly manages staff, including review writing, scheduling and providing ongoing coaching, development and feedback. Assesses, prioritizes and delegates tasks and workflow.
- Manages a portfolio of business requests and enhancements to the HRIS platforms under their responsibility.
- Coordinates development, modification and configuration maintenance of HRIS applications including UKG Workforce Ready, Workforce Central, Taleo Business Edition and Taleo Learn.
- Leads administration of HRIS HR/Payroll and WFC applications and platforms such as but not limited to application maintenance, licenses, platform maintenance and upgrades.
- Acts as IT liaison for timekeeping, HR and payroll within the Kronos system. Provides technical resource support for Workforce Central, Payroll and HR application owners and supports application-based HR initiatives.
- Creates and provides technical support documentation including processing directions, data interpretation instructions, operational procedures, and other related documentation.
- Executes application administration tasks, including system configuration setting and associated software application administration, troubleshooting, and system maintenance.
- Partners with HR/Payroll and other end users to facilitate the identification, analysis, and documentation of business needs and requirements. Leads the creation of technical specifications, design documentation and testing strategies for above business requirements.
- Creates and implements audits and analysis to ensure system integrity and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Maintains strong partnerships with Workforce Managers, HR, Payroll and other stakeholders.
- Supports other IT functions in selection, analysis and implementation of new tools, providing recommendations and serving as technical resource.
- Troubleshoots failures in application functionality and scheduled activities.
- Applies principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follows standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Applies sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with HRIS systems administration required, with 2 years at a senior HRIS leadership level.
- Experience delivering a major software platform implementation and supporting the associated process changes.
- Experience in a multi-unit, high growth retail or similar environment highly preferred. Experience with HRIS systems that support a large hourly staff population across multiple regions desired.
- A strong data security posture as it relates to Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Experience with various approaches to systems data integration
- Previous food and/or grocery specific industry experience preferred. Experience in a multi-unit, high
- growth retail or similar environment required.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with HR Information Systems, including security and reporting tools.
- Confidence with project management methodologies and processes
- Proven experience in managing & collaborating with various large, complex teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to develop and maintain 3rd party vendor relationships and contracts, add input to relevant contract negotiations in partnership with procurement and legal colleagues as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in or related fields preferred, however relevant work experience in lieu of formal
- education is acceptable.
- High-level proficiency with MS Office. Working knowledge of media monitoring and social listening tools. Skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
- Working knowledge of global ERP systems and/or SaaS tools, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with problem-solving, project management and execution of initiatives across multiple retail locations.