Industry: Food Manufacturing
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in SE Portland, OR to identify a Human Resources Manager to join their team. This is an onsite, full-time, direct hire role. As the HR Manager, you will report to the VP of Human Resources and be responsible for planning & administering all phases of HR activity for employees.
- Counsels and guides supervisors and managers in employee relations issues related to job performance, employee development, safety, disciplinary action, conflict resolution, and other confidential issues.
- Counsels and supports employee-team members in employee relations issues related to job performance, conflict resolution, safety, disciplinary action, and other confidential issues.
- Assists with the administration of company policies and procedures, implementing and communicating existing and new HR systems and programs.
- Lead strategic HR initiatives in partnership with HR partner and leadership consultant
- Work collaboratively with payroll provider to deliver accurate and on time payroll: troubleshooting, entry of hours, maintenance, and auditing.
- Provides Human Resource guidance and compliance to managers and employees.
- Assist with recruiting efforts by creating job postings and advertising open positions, drafting offer letters, and managing pre-employment processes.
- Work with the HR Partner to administer benefit plans and is the employee point of contact for benefit inquiries.
- Reports and analyzes department metrics (e.g., turnover).
- Takes immediate and appropriate action in the investigation and remedy of complaints, such as discrimination, harassment, or wage/hour claims.
- Ensures that all federal, state, and local employment regulations are followed accurately and timely.
- Work with HR Partner to produce appropriate leave paperwork and assists with leave tracking.
- Administers the workers’ compensation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a progressive HR role
- The ability and desire to work on a team – this role works closely with the operations team.
- 3 + years of HR Management experience
- Exemplary knowledge of current state and federal employment laws including EEO, FMLA/OFLA, ADA, etc.
Compensation Rate: $85-$105K – Bonus Eligible (15% bonus)