Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in San Leandro, CA to identify an HR Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, 100% onsite position. Candidates with leadership skills, experience of having a direct report, and knowledge of California wage and hour laws are well-positioned to succeed. This position has three direct reports – HR Supervisor, HR Generalist, and Payroll Administrator.
The Human Resources Manager is a key leader and member of the plant staff. In this role, the Human Resources Manager provides the full range of HR support to the facility in the areas of positive employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, employee development, and compensation.
- A business partner to the Plant Manager and an advisor to the plant management team. Provides guidance and advice on employee relations issues, HR policy and practice, and legal risk. Understands the business and creates HR strategies to align with business goals.
- Recommends key HR policies and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partner with and support the management team with workforce planning, performance management, and employee development.
- Lead employee relations issues and investigations.
- Design and maintain an effective employee engagement strategy to motivate the workforce, reward performance and retain workers.
- Facilitates and actively participates in management development programs both corporate and local initiatives.
- Support recruiting strategies for the company’s Human Capital Plan.
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA Compliance.
- Act as a subject matter expert on California Wage and Hour practices. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Required Skills:
- Knowledge of California Wage and Hour policies and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including assessments and audits, standards and benchmarks, evaluation of program effectiveness, and resolution of problems, bottlenecks, and deficiencies.
- Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence leadership and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations.
- Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work productively and independently.
- Strong Project Management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized. Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- 5+ years related experience and 1-2 years in a leadership role is required
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field a plus.
- PHR or SPHR is desired
Compensation: $130,000-$145,000 plus quarterly bonus
Background check and drug screen including THC is required. Medical marijuana cards are accepted. Covid-19 vaccination not required.