Industry: Roofing Products
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in North Portland, OR to identify a HR Generalist to join their team. This is a direct-hire, full-time, hybrid position. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have solid communication skills, take ownership, ask questions, and possess a willingness to grow. Candidates with a mix of self-motivation, strong communication, and excellent organization skills are well-positioned to succeed in this role.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending candidates. Supports HRBPs with the full-cycle recruitment process and various HR administrative duties. Establishes trust and partnerships with the managers, identify potential “fit” through effective interviewing and effectively administer the interviewing and onboarding process, and ensure a positive new hire experience.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Fosters environment of open communication, respect and promotes the open-door policy.
- Maintains high level of professionalism when it comes to the confidentiality of employee and/or company information.
- Recommends placement of internal and external candidates.
- Evaluates and modifies existing talent acquisition processes, policies and procedures to provide a seamless candidate experience.
- Uses HRIS, recruitment tools and social media to execute on open roles.
- Sources and find candidates qualified for open positions, finds bottlenecks in recruiting process and utilizes methods for hard to fill roles.
- Designs, plans and executes selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, administer assessment tests, etc.).
- Organizes and/or attends career fairs, assessment centers or other events.
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports.
- Plans and builds strategies for improving the candidate experience and suggests measures for improving employee retention.
- Consults with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensations and sourcing strategies.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assists with company onboarding and training as needed.
- Provides regular recruitment updates and repo
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 5 years’ experience in recruitment and/or onboarding.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also essential. Strong management skills, detail oriented, flexible, able to prioritize multiple projects with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organization, administrative and creative problem-solving skills required. Able to communicate to all levels of organization in all settings (from individual to large group). Must be very approachable and able to develop strong professional relationships and foster involvement at all levels of organization. Must be able to work 8 hours/day plus overtime as required. Must be able to interface with employees on all shifts.