Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Portland, OR to identify a HR Generalist to join their team. This is a hybrid, full-time, direct hire role. As the Human Resource Generalist, you will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and collaborating with HR management in supporting the organization. This position will lead the team duties of processing protected leave for the agency. This position also supports recruitment, hiring, onboarding, employee recognition and retention, coordinating staff events, processing staff separations, and file maintenance for a large, dynamic non-profit. The HR Generalist ensures compliance with regulatory, policy, and Collective Bargaining Agreement requirements and oversees special projects as assigned by the HR Director.
- Leads HR team in protected leave management, worker’s compensation, and ADA accommodations.
- Supports the HR department with recruitment, hiring, and onboarding activities, including preparing offer letters, processing new hire paperwork, scheduling new hires for training and orientation, and providing support to hiring managers for various HR issues.
- Provides support benefits administration.
- Supports separation process including distribution and collection of exit questionnaires, preparation and processing of termination paperwork, and processing of unemployment claims.
- Handles HR administrative tasks including personnel data management, legal and policy
- compliance, claims processing, coordinating staff training, and preparing personnel documents in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Participates in evaluation of the agency’s policies, procedures, and reporting affecting workplace
- safety and health.
- Serves on internal committees; attends scheduled meetings and participates in review and revision of workplace policies to align them with the agency’s mission and values, with the Collective
- Bargaining Agreement, and with federal, state, and local laws.
- Maintains a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant professional events, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, organizational development, or relevant discipline with 6 months of experience in human resources OR 1 year experience in human resources including protected leave management.
- Requires minimal supervision. Able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); demonstrated ability to use HRIS programs; experience with ADP preferred.
- Experience in Paycom preferred.
- Editing proficiency and excellent grammatical skills. Is detail-oriented, a strong proofreader, and capable of drafting routine correspondence and preparing other written materials in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Able to maintain accurate and consistent documentation and records.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to work in a team environment in peer, and support roles, to communicate professionally at all levels, and to build relationships with staff.
- Possesses a strong commitment to professional and ethical standards. Able to think and act strategically, maintain confidentiality, use diplomacy and discretion, offer sound judgement, and share and receive feedback.
Compensation Rate: $65K plus generous medical benefits package including org paid LTD and STD