Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Santa Cruz, CA to identify an HR Director to join their team. This is a direct-hire, full-time, 100% onsite position. Responsible for directing all aspects of Human Resources including HR systems, employee engagement, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, and training to create a positive work environment and ensure legal compliance. Pursue the best practices in Human Resource management, workflow processes and efficiencies to provide continuous improvement in delivery of HR services. Serve as a trustee on the Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan.
- Direct, manage, train, motivate, support and evaluate all levels of Human Resources staff including, employment, training, benefits, employee engagement, HRIS and records management.
- Work with all levels of management to design, develop and implement employee related programs, policies and compensation practices.
- Ensure employee related policies and procedures comply with labor laws and regulations.
- Coach, counsel and advocate for managers and employees on employee relations issues and conflict resolution to promote a positive working environment and mitigate risk. Conduct investigations as needed.
- Ensure the recruiting strategy represents hiring trends and the company culture effectively and has broad outreach to attract and retain the needed guest oriented talent in a timely manner.
- Ensure that training and development efforts support organizational needs.
- Analyze compensation and benefit data/trends and develop competitive wage and benefit structures to attract and retain employees.
- Manage engaging performance evaluation and merit increase programs that foster employee retention and staff upward mobility.
- Oversee the management of leaves of absences.
- Prepare and maintain policies, procedures, handbook, summary plan descriptions and other documents to comply with regulations and to keep leadership and employees informed.
- Support the Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan including the annual plan audit, quarterly financial reconciliation, vendor selection and participation in Plan Trustee meetings.
- Oversee the administration of employee engagement related research including internal and external surveys. Work with HR Project Manager and management team to analyze and interpret results. Develop plans for continuous improvement with leadership team.
- Develop annual Human Resources financial budget and monitor monthly expenses.
- Serve on various internal committees, external committees and/or boards in the community or Human Resources profession.
- Complete special projects and other work as assigned.
BS/BA or equivalent and 8 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with at least 2 years of experience in compensation administration. Or in lieu of education, twelve years of progressively responsible Human Resouces Leadership/Business Partner experience. At least two years of leadership experience and experience deploying an ATS system is desired. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification, UKG experience and bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Knowledge of Wage & Hour laws, FEHA, ADA, ERISA, EEOC, HIPAA, ACA, FSLA, public health compliance and other laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Knowledge of the structures, options, delivery systems, and designs of compensation and benefit plans.
- Knowledge of computerized HR recording systems.
- Knowledge of financial budgets and reporting.
- Knowledge of the needs of various employee demographics to effectively communicate with, recruit, motivate and retain employees.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage programs.
- Ability to listen to employee and management concerns and develop a fair resolution to issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to hire, supervise, train and delegate work to staff, including remote and hybrid staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures and systems.
- Ability to develop and evaluate Requests for Proposals and negotiate favorable rates and agreements.
- Ability to track and interpret legislative and regulatory changes, anticipate impact on the organization and clearly explain laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect, analyze and interpret data and define solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to develop and monitor a budget.
- Ability to use a computer to input, access, retrieve and analyze data to prepare reports and correspondence.
Compensation: $126,000-$166,000 plus 15% bonus annually