Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Great Falls, Montana to identify a General Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, 100% onsite position. Candidates with experience in the food processing industry are highly encouraged to apply. This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a food manufacturing facility. The position is responsible to oversee the successful production of food products, while ensuring safe working environment, preventing injuries and accidents remain compliant with Food Safety & Quality Programs (BRC, FSMA), OSHA and other safety and environment regulations.
- Develop employee skills and culture through hands on leadership
- Support PM in ownership and development of Plant KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Team member safety
- Quality & Food Safety
- Schedule adherence
- Financial metrics
- Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
- Face of Wilcox Farms Inc. and Montana Egg LLC partners in the local community working closely with farmers and Board of Directors
- Responsible for setting the culture for the facility and upholding Wilcox Farms Values
- Give work directions, resolve problems, prepare schedules, and set deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Monitor and analyze costs and help prepare annual budgets
- Work hands on and closely with Plant functional leads including Safety, Quality, HR, Finance,
- Combination of 50% Plant Management, 25% Food Safety Program and 25% Relationship Building with local farmers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- 5+ years of experience in food processing management
- Experience with change management
- Proven track record of high performance in a food processing plant
- Basic understanding of GMPS, HACCP, GFSI Food Quality Programs (BRC, SQF) OSHA and EPA regulations and requirements
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Strong math & reading/comprehension skills
- Continuous Improvement & Supply Chain experience a plus
- Computer skill such as Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Track recommendations and action items, work with senior leadership to implement proposed changes in a timely manner
- Able to provide in-field support on a daily basis
- Ability to work flexible hours
Work 45+ hours per week in production areas. Exposed to all hazards present, including slippery floors, machinery, noise, extreme temperature variations, etc.