Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a cybersecurity firm, in Beaverton to identify a direct-hire Controller for their team. You will report directly to the CFO and direct the financial affairs of the Company.
As the controller, you will, be responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationship with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. You will conduct financial analysis of operations, including monthly interim financial statements with supporting schedules. You will also do a great deal of cost accounting as well as supervision over general accounting, fixed asset management, internal controls and budgetary controls. This role will also manage a the finance team which includes a staff accountant and coordinator positions, and the office which includes acting as a liaison between the Company and Property Management Group.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition.
- SaaS experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage teams, provide leadership and coaching team members and executing corrective action plans for underperforming employees.
- Solid understanding of managing payroll department, knowing how to register multistate employees, knows how to deal with the compliance of multistate employees.
- Ability to Install, document, and improve accounting and payroll processes.
- Working knowledge of ADP and QuickBooks Online highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with ERP systems. Sage or Intaact experience preferred.
- Experience implementing new processes in a startup environment or with a company with a proven growth track record.
- Experience in accounting and payroll systems implementation and data migration is strongly preferred. Quickbooks Online strongly desired, ADP preferred.