Industry: Personal Transportation Retail
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Tigard, OR and Medford, OR to identify a Compensation Program Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, hybrid position. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8AM-5PM. The ideal candidate will be located in the Portland-Metro area or Medford, OR but the company is willing to consider candidates out of area that have the right experience.
The Compensation Manager will be responsible for driving compensation analyses and recommendations for rewards while balancing offerings in fixed, variable and equity compensation to meet corporate goals and initiatives within budget parameters. This position understands the human component of the role and drive the foundation of performance management and retention strategy through strategic and growth-oriented rewards programs. The Compensation Manager reports to the Director of Compensation.
- Lead a team of compensation analysts and specialists to support the design, execution and communication of compensation programs
- Lead development of the cadence and content for educating of various stakeholders across HR, Finance, and business leaders on approach to compensation and rewards
- Manage compensation benchmarking surveys, complete data submissions, and maintain internal market pricing structures and initiatives.
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs and tools.
- Function as the subject matter expert for Compensation processes and capabilities within Workday as we move through system implementation.
- Ensure competitive compensation to acquire and retain exceptional talent; develop and maintain keen market insights across all levels of employees.
- Partner with HRBPs and business leaders to understand key business questions and design analyses to answer these questions.
- Drive critical compensation initiatives, often leading cross-organizational project teams i.e., compensation planning/review process, education for managers and employees.
- Lead all related compensation activities including pay parity analysis, opportunity parity analysis and statutory gender pay analysis for the various countries.
- Project manage a variety of cross-segment strategic initiatives which include technology compensation programs evaluation, job family standardizations, research market practices.
- Work in critical partnership with Compensation Business Partners to align global programs with regional compensation and local requirements.
- Play active role compensation activities and ensure smooth execution of compensation priorities
- Conduct research and analysis to provide recommendations for compensation strategy and programs, and drive processes locally for region-specific compensation requirements
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion compensation related activities, such as statutory gender pay initiatives.
- Provide compensation support and analysis to support merger and acquisition activity.
- Participate in projects lead by other teams where compensation expertise and guidance are required.
- Work closely with benefits, payroll, legal, and employee resource center to ensure alignment and compliance, as needed.
- Lead compensation system design and data processes that focus on ability to improve the People team’s compensation reporting capabilities, drive Employee & Manager self-service, and can readily scale with rapid business growth
- Support scaling the organization through insights, self-service, and company-wide reporting and processes.
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
- Ensure all appropriate audits and compliance of processes, forms, and system. Partners with Internal SOX teams for successful SOX and external annual audits, owning remediation plans as required.
- 5 years’ experience in compensation administration and/or coupled with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent designation preferred
- Workday Core and Advanced Compensation experience preferred
- HR or leadership experience managing and mentoring multiple direct reports, including across multiple geographic regions and remotely
- Ability to deal with complex issues, understand drivers, and demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and structure has been provided
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Knowledgeable and experienced in US employment compliance
- Proven ability to make judgment calls and ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and high work standards in support of accurate delivery
- Experience in mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- High-level proficiency with MS Office, expert Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Proven experience at successfully developing & strengthening management controls and operational processes
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, dependable, and organized with a customer service focus.
- Experience managing complex, global HR projects and operationalizing HR policies and strategy