Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Gresham, OR, to identify an Administrative Assistant. This is a hybrid, full-time, contract role. As the administrative assistant, you will report directly to assistant of the organization’s manager and provide general administrative support to the 11 staff of the office of Governance and Management.
- Supports meetings and events with coordination, set up, ordering food and supplies.
- Records information, collects and compiles data, creates and maintains electronic and manual record keeping systems or databases.
- Assists in developing and/or revising various administrative and operating policies, procedures, and rules.
- Uses software, such as Microsoft Office, and other proprietary systems to perform a variety of duties, Coordinates travel arrangements, conference registrations and professional memberships.
- Processes invoices, expense reports, petty cash requests, purchasing card receipts, employee reimbursements, check requests, requisitions, etc.
- Performs contract entry, contract tracking of insurance and expirations, secures contract signatures; May assist with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Drafts, types, proofreads, and edits office documents, including agendas, brochures, memos, meeting minutes, forms, and others; Creates templates, presentation materials, charts, and graphs; Reviews documents and correspondence for completeness and accuracy; Prepares and maintains forms, reports, requisitions, and other office documents.
- Serves as project coordinator on work assignments; May train staff on hardware, software, procedures, rules, regulations, etc.
- May provide management plan support, including coordinating and assembling information, entering data, researching, and tracking information throughout the year, and producing reports.
- Support and distribute company communications via bulletin boards, Reach communication screens, and/or global company emails. May create communications for distribution.
- Responsible for answering telephones and directing callers to the appropriate individual; transferring calls to voicemail when individual is unavailable and/or using paging system to contact the individual as required. Taking and retrieving messages as needed.
- Provides administrative support to individuals, teams or functionals areas as requested.
- Operates general business machines such as personal computers, copiers, or other machines to complete duties.
- Responsible for maintaining complex files, keeping records, typing, filing, mail distribution, document and presentation preparation and typing meeting minutes while maintaining confidentiality always.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, printed stationery such as letterhead or envelopes, maintains company office supply cabinet(s), and placing orders for teams as needed.
- Responsible for providing customer service, facilities/logistics planning, and additional support as needed.
- Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
- High school education or equivalent. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of Administrative Experience
- Must have strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail, organization, and high level of responsiveness.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Independent, motivated, & driven self-starter
- City government administration, organization, functions, and services
- Administrative principles, practices, research methods, budgeting, systems, and operations Fiscal management principles and practices
- Laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, and collective bargaining agreements affecting City policies and operations
- Exercise discretion in confidential and sensitive matters
- Manage a high volume of tasks at one time, including organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
Compensation Rate: $27/hr.