Understaffed? Even if the situation won’t last long, there’s no reason to tough it out. Temporary staff can meet many important needs, from helping with critical projects to filling in for an employee on leave. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were nearly 6 million contingent workers in 2017.
Finding the right temporary staff on your own can be a drain of resources, but it doesn’t need to be this way. When you go through a staffing agency like Mulberry Talent Partners for your temporary staffing needs, your company gains these five essential advantages:
- Access new skills and expertise for special projects. Your regular employees are great at their jobs, but a special project can require special skills. Training your existing workers can take time and energy that you can’t spare. You need someone who already possesses the expertise required. A staffing agency can find that person for you.
- Boost morale. Instead of hiring temporary staff, you may be tempted to give your existing employees extra work. This strategy can backfire big time. According to Harvard Business Review, multiple studies have shown that longer hours don’t result in better output, while overworking employees can hurt a company’s bottom line by increasing absenteeism, turnover and health insurance costs. Keep your regular, full-time employees fully productive, but not overworked, by hiring temporary staff through a staffing agency as needed.
- Temporary solutions can lead to long-term hires. The job candidate who seems perfect doesn’t always work out. Maybe the resume was embellished, or perhaps it was an issue of personalities not meshing. Regardless of the cause, it’s a common problem. To prevent it, employers can opt for temp-to-hire situations. This lets them assess the worker’s skills and overall fit, while the worker gets to try out the role and the organization before committing to a long-term position.
- Save your resources. Using a staffing agency is a cost-effective alternative to recruiting and hiring on your own. The staffing agency takes on the cost of recruiting, screening, payroll, taxes, insurance and benefits. By utilizing a staffing agency, you can focus on your core business responsibilities.
- Enjoy the flexibility. Your business needs change. Your staffing should keep up, not hold you back. Staffing agencies stand by with qualified staff who can jump in to support your business with special projects, extended employee leaves, quarter and year-end deadlines, interim positions and more.
Want to explore our temporary staffing solutions? Contact us for a productive and cost-effective staffing agency partnership.